Mood, Habits and Motivation (Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Emptiness, Hopelessness, Avoidance, Loss of Vitality)
You’re life should feel reasonably good most of the time. If it doesn’t, it’s likely that your mood is affected by distorted beliefs, self-defeating habits or a loss of motivation that leaves you feeling helpless to improve your life. Does it seem like you can’t control how you feel or what you do, no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get you moving in the right direction until happiness overtakes you by surprise.
When it comes to treating mood disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of a mood, habit or motivation problem:
- A feeling of hopelessness
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- A loss of motivation or the feeling that nothing is fun anymore
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Unpredictable body reactions like rapid breathing or hyperventilation, trembling or muscle twitching, increased or heavy sweating
- A pattern of avoidance from people, responsibilities or activities
- Feeling constantly overwhelmed
- A feeling of failure about the past present and/or the future
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Trouble making decisions
- Over-fearfulness of evaluation
- A feeling of being fraudulent in your life
- Invasive thoughts
- Obsessiveness about people or themes that interrupt your life
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from a rotten mood, bad habit or a loss of motivation to improve your life, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.